Subject: RIPUL - June 17th

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:23:49 EDT

People:

1) Mediocre turnout last night at B&B for the 1st real night.  Props to Denim 
for the strongest turnout.  Sky, Burgundy, natural, gold....very poor 
showings indeed.  lets get it together people.  

2) For those shut out of summer league and those who just want to play more, 
there is still pickup Sundays at 2 at Goddard park in Warwick.  bring a light 
and dark shirt, and water.  Any ?s, email ray at [email-masked]

3) Starting Thursday July 3rd at around 6 and continuing every thursday after 
that, beach ultimate at scarborough beach will be available for all.   ?s can 
be directed to scott at [email-masked]

4) July 5-6 is Chowdafest, a coed tourney I run at the seekonk fields.  the 
local team chowdaheads is looking for a few good men and women especially to 
participate.  this will be a relatively competitive but fun tourney and a great 
opportunity to play.  If you are interested, contact me asap.

5) Games Tomorrow: 

Sky v. Orange - baseball diamond next to road
green v. gold - soccer next to road
natural v. black - soccer next to woods
maroon v. denim - baseball next to woods

6) Game Reports for Monday June 16th:
(I encourage anybody to submit a game report, just get it to me the morning 
after a game)

Sky 17 Denim 11

Sky jumped out to a 4-0 lead but Denim regrouped to bring it to 4-2, then 
6-4, with sky taking half at 9-6.  denim played alot of zone D which sky had 
trouble dealing with at first.  Denim scored the 1st 2 points of half to make it 
9-8, the teams traded points, but then Sky turned up the defensive pressure and 
ran off like 5 in a row.  Sky's player of the game was the lovely MoFitz who 
is a scoring machine and Captain Chip played some inspired D.  Denim's Brett 
Hemenway and Celina Gourd both had strong, steady games, as well.  

Maroon 17 Orange 14
from Scott Mathieu, Maroon Captain

A glorious day for a game and Maroon jumped out early to a 3-0 lead and then
5-1.  Orange then began to kick it into gear and recovered to bring it to 
6-4,
and were down at half 8-5.

The second half saw the two teams trade points for much of the half until 
Maroon
pulled ahead 15-11, mostly based on stellar D from the Maroon women.  Melanie
Morgan highlighted the action with several blocks during this run.

This casued Orange to call a time out to regroup, which was successful as 
they
roared back to close the lead to 16-14.  Maroon, then brought Captain Cara 
off
the bench to settle things down, which was effective.  The game ended with a
great forehand huck by Rebecca Simon to Andy Lipsky streaking deep, Maroon
17-14.

I don't know many names on Team Orange, but they certainly played hard, were 
fast,
and had good spirit.  One of their rookie Brendon (sp?) had some good D's and
sky's.  But Maroon's D carried the day, including several inspirational lay 
out
blocks by the youthful Ryan Limerick.

Natural beat Green and Gold beat Black, not sure of scores, please report 
them to loring at [email-masked]

matty