Subject: RIPUL - June 19th

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:25:09 EDT

People:

1) excellent turnout last night at B&B....keep up the good work..and may I 
suggest the portugese steak sandwich, mmm mmm good.

2) MONDAY June 23
<A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t4">Sky (4)</A> vs <A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t2">Gold (2)</A> (soccer field next to woods) 
<A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t1">Green (1)</A> vs <A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t8">Orange (8)</A> (baseball diamond next to road) 
<A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t7">Natural (7)</A> vs <A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t5">Maroon (5)</A> (baseball diamond next to woods) 
<A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t3">Denim (3)</A> vs <A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t6">Black (6)</A> (soccer field next to road) 

3) Wednesday June 18th results

Sky 17 Orange 11

Sky again started slowly as the hard-running orange youngsters busted out to 
a 3-1 and 6-4 lead.  The always happy, positive, and optimistic Skyers were 
undaunted and took half at 9-7.  Sky continued to build their momentum and 
cruised to a 17-11 win.  For orange, the blonde-haired woman, Cate Brown??, and the 
bushy black haired guy both played well for orange.  

from Maroon Captain/Head Waiter - Scott Mathieu

Administrative note, Maroon has now officially changed its name to Craisan.

Denim started the "intimidation" game with early with a strong pre game 
cheer.
This carried Denim to an early 2-0 lead, but the Craisans stormed back to tie
the game at 3-3, and then went on a roll to go up 7-3.  Craisan took the half
9-4.

The second half saw the people in the cranberry shirts come out in a zone
defense to start off.  Denim basically took out the scissors and shredded 
this
zone to take the first point of the second half.  The teams then traded a 
couple
points, followed by a Craisan 3 point run to go up 15-7.  Denim hung tough
however and scored the next two points before the Craisan army took the game
17-9.

New comer to RIPUL Ethan Yake had some great D blocks for Denim.  Celinda 
Gourd
had some great cuts, and Carl Hanson some impressive lay out bids.  Aaron 
Seider
made great cuts all day for big yardage for Craisan, newcomer Dan S. showed 
some
hustle, and Nathan Jepson actually completed a huck of over 30 yards.  Great
game, great spirit, and great cheer from Denim

Natural (Naked) 17 vs. Black 14
(Captain tanja of Naked)
 
The air was wet, the grass was wet, the disc was wet. Both teams came out
with a desire to win and the intensity to prove it. It was destined to be a
long game. The first few points of the Black vs. Naked game showed everyone
that neither team was going to have an easy win. During the first half the
teams traded points back and forth- long points in which the discs were
dropping to the ground like bird poop on freshly washed car. Everyone knew
they had to work just a little harder to get this game to halftime before
dark. Layouts were the norm- Dave Egan of Naked went out early with a
shoulder injury after a money layout grab, and Scott Wiant took up the slack
with a picturesque endzone layout D. Nat Barnett and Josh Peters of Black
both had breath stopping layout catches in the endzone. Black was running
hard and many Naked men and women were run ragged trying to keep up with the
Lapres. Naked played hard man to bring the score to 8-6, but Black's solid
zone and offensive flow brought them on a run to take half at 9-8. Naked
came out screaming into the second half and quickly rattled off a few points
to bring the score to 12-9. The sun was setting quickly, the mosquitoes were
vicious, and neither team was going to drop its tenacious grip on the
coveted win. Patience in the zone O, intensi-D, and fast running brought
the score, slowly, to 15-10, Naked. But Black was decided to show Naked what
they were made of. Black quickly rattled off 3 points marked by a first
throw D by Max Crossley, a graceful twirling catch by Josh Peters, and solid
O by the Black women Amy, Blake, and Carolyn. At this point it was difficult
to see the players lined up on the other endzone. The last point was a doozy
that started with a score of 16-14, Naked. The point, which must have
lasted for a least 3 hours, was decided to be the last point of the game due
to the fact that now it was even difficult to see the player you were
marking. The disc went back and forth and there was a painful amount of
dropped throws in both endzones. The point ended with a soaring huck from
Naked's Teddy Browar-Jarus to Paul Albert, who had to turn on the turbo
boosters to make it to the endzone at the same time as the disc. All in
all, this game was what ultimate is all about: hard playing, great spirit,
and never giving up.