Subject: game report

From: "Andre Beskrowni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:27:08 -0400

Rubber Duckies (aka Yellow/Gold)  17
Naked   11

So, we all kinda waited around for a good while (like everyone else, I'm 
sure) to see if the thunderstorm was going to blow over, and eventually it 
did.  So we got a late start but fortunately both teams played pretty 
efficiently and the game ended with plenty of sunlight to spare.

Naked was without vets Dave Egan and Brian Sauro, and without tireless 
captain Tanja Gronholm for the first half.  The duckies, on the other hand, 
had Owen Williams and Josh Cott play the complete game for the first time 
this season.  Both teams pretty much traded points until 4-4, then June came 
in and the ducks strung together 4 straight to make it 8-4.  The score was 
9-5 at half.

The second half started out with Naked making up two points almost 
immediately.  Was it due to Tanja's fresh legs?  Hard to say, but the ducks 
eventually got it back together and ran out to a 16-10 lead before closing 
out the game at 17-11.  Though I'm sure there were many, I really only 
remember two highlights: a fully extended layout for a score by Kira of the 
ducks, and a great defensive play by Teddy of Naked to prevent a score.  
(Teddy also did some great handling when the ducks tried to zone.)  Oh yeah, 
and it seemed like Ryan "Woody" Woodward of the Ducks was always taking deep 
cuts and scored a number of times.

Naked definitely out yelled the Duckies.  I'd like to attribute it to 
something I like to call "The Hollister Factor", but really, everyone on the 
team just yells like crazy.  The ducks tried to match them on occasion, but 
really couldn't come close.

Both teams chose The Beatles as inspiration for their cheers: Naked used the 
tune of "Yesterday", and the Rubber Duckies sang "Hey Nude" to the tune of 
"Hey Jude".

_________________________________________________________________
Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail