Subject: gold vs. orange game report

From: "Andre Beskrowni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 16:53:47 -0400

Gold 17
Orange 10

Gold jumped out to a quick 5-0 lead, but then the two teams traded points 
until half with Gold up 9-4.  Lots of long throws in the first half from 
both teams.

The second half picked up where the first half left off with both teams 
basically trading points.  Both teams tried zoning a little on defense with 
mixed results.  Anyway, as far as I can recall, the score was 13-9 when Gold 
ran off 4 straight to close it out.

There were lots of exciting plays throughout the game.  Orange used their 
speed to run down numerous macked discs much to Gold's frustration.  Anyone 
on the Gold team will tell you that the most memorable play of the game was 
when Paul (of Gold) intercepted a pass to prevent an Orange score, then 
looked up field to see a streaking Jeff Fleischaker and threw a forehand 
that was just a little too long.  No problem though, Jeff hurled himself 
into the air for sickest layout catch we've seen all season.  Of course, 
there was no one to throw it too, so time out was called.  After much 
strategizing between Josh and Jeff, the play was set, the disc was put back 
into play and Jeff made the quick break-mark throw to Josh.  The only 
problem was that Josh had cut the other way and was probably 15 feet away 
when the disc hit the ground.  Oh well.

(By the way, I have to say that if Jeff isn't at least in the running for 
the layout award that Matty gives out at the tournament, there is no 
justice.)

Also, thanks to Cate Oswald of Gold for skying over what must have been 3 
other people who were all at least a foot taller than her to score on a 
really swilly pass from yours truly.

_________________________________________________________________
Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail