Subject: game report

From: "Andre Beskrowni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:04:59 -0400

Gold 17
Green 11

Damn, what a nice evening for ultimate!  Anyway, Gold was eagerly 
anticipating this rematch and really wanted to jump out to an early lead.  
Unfortunately, Green would not comply and the two teams basically traded 
points until 5-5.  Gold finally managed to string a few consecutive points 
together to take half at 9-6.

The second half started out like the first half, and both teams started 
occasionally mixing in some zone defense.  Last time these teams played and 
Gold threw a zone, Green would basically just toss the disc around for 10 
minutes without turning it over --- much to the frustration of Gold --- and 
eventually wind up in the end zone.  This time Gold's zone was a little more 
effective.  But Green ran hard on D and made great cuts when they were 
manned up, and managed to keep it close up to 11-9.  After that, Gold went 
on a 6-2 run to close things out.

Highlights included the usual 2 or 3 Vet to Petros hucks, and Eric Weis 
macking a D'ed disc with his head.  Also, thanks to Josh of Green for coming 
through with the instant ice pack (again) to help an injured player.

Oh yeah, the cheers....  Well, Gold did one of the lamest cheers in history, 
and Green countered with one of the best cheers we've heard all year.  All 
in all, a fun evening.

_________________________________________________________________
Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail