Subject: game report

From: "Andre Beskrowni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:58:05 -0400

Gold 17
Sky 11

Did anyone notice that it was so humid that the disc got wet just flying 
through the air?  Anyway, both teams were a little shorthanded at the start 
of the game.  Sky was without Mike  S. and Eric M, and Gold was without June 
(who arrived midway through the second half), Ryan W, and Sarah.  In fact, 
Gold's women were savage for the first two-thirds of the game.

Gold got off to a quick start opening up a 5-1 or maybe even 6-1 lead.  
Despite having no women subs, both Kira and Cate-o were big on both sides of 
the disc.  Especially Kira.. during a couple of stretches of the game, all 
of Gold's offense went through her.  It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say 
that she scored 50% of Gold's points.

Anyway, the score was 9-5 at half.  The second half featured a lot more zone 
defense.  There wasn't a lot of wind, but the slippery conditions made 
handling a little more treacherous than usual.  The start of the half 
featured at least 3 consecutive scores by (who else) Kira.

There were a couple of other highlights that featured people other than 
Kira.  Chip of Sky made a great layout catch for a score.  The disc was a 
little low and Chad of Gold had a great read on it and layed out, but some 
how the disc squeezed through to Chip who bobbled it but made a great second 
effort while lying on the ground to complete the pass.  Jeff of Gold also 
made a great effort to hold on to a macked hammer in particularly slippery 
conditions.  Once again, there was much bobbling, but Jeff kept his 
concentration to hold on to the disc.

In the end, Gold went on to win 17-11.  The final point was an incredibly 
long point where Sky threw a zone and forced Gold to make like a jillion 
passes.  But Gold stayed patient, didn't turn it over, and finally managed 
to zip a forehand into Paul for the win.

Ok, on to the cheers.  Does anyone do better cheers than Sky?  They should 
consider marketing their talents to other teams.  Gold cheered first to the 
tune of "purple haze" (cause it was hazy, get it?).  By Gold's standards it 
was a pretty good cheer, but we were once again put in our place by Sky, who 
not only write great cheers, but sing all harmoniously and stuff.  They sang 
to the tune of some Sting song that I don't know the title of.

_________________________________________________________________
STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail