Subject: RIPUL - July 25th

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:49:09 EDT

People:

1) Games Next Week:

July 28
<A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t1">Green (1)</A> vs <A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t4">Sky (4)</A> (main soccer field next to woods) 
<A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t7">Natural (7)</A> vs <A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t3">Denim (3)</A> (main soccer field next to road) 
<A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t8">Orange (8)</A> vs <A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t2">Gold (2)</A> (baseball diamond next to woods) 
<A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t6">Black (6)</A> vs <A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t5">Maroon (5)</A> (baseball diamond next to road) 

July 30
<A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t4">Sky (4)</A> vs <A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t7">Natural (7)</A> (baseball diamond next to woods) 
<A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t1">Green (1)</A> vs <A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t3">Denim (3)</A> (baseball diamond next to road) 
<A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t8">Orange (8)</A> vs <A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t6">Black (6)</A> (main soccer field next to road) 
<A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t2">Gold (2)</A> vs <A HREF="http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/ripul/teams.html#t5">Maroon (5)</A> (main soccer field next to woods) 

2) To the whole RIPUL family, and their family and friends:

Please come join in a farwell bash to a few old RIPUL members, Amy Greer, 
Kali Cheung, and Max Crossley as they depart RI to venture off in new 
adventures.  RIPUL has definitely become a part of our family in every sense 
of the word.  Whether new faces or RIPUL veterans, we all surface each 
summer into this league and have a good ol' time.

Now I know not everyone lives right around in Providence and it's during a 
week day, but one week's notice is surely enough time to juggle around your 
busy lives; be it work (crank it out during the day); family 
engagements/meeting with friends (just bring them along!);  or your just 
plain tired (boo hoo), well who doesn't enjoy good food and wine so get off 
your kiester and get down here!!

For those of you who get up early in the AM the next day, it's tough I know. 
  But I can honestly say for someone who gets up at 4am to work at 5am, it's 
not easy, especially for the nights prior when we have RIPUL and the B&B of 
course :)  But, mostly, I still  make a point to attend just because of the 
comaraderie.  Honestly, we don't get to see everyone that often during RIPUL 
and seeing 'this' family is a must before the long departure :)  SO, here's 
the deal:

WHO:     Everyone on this list and anyone else not on it that we've missed!
WHAT:  Grilling and Potluck style:  There will be starting food supplied but 
who knows how many will
             show and everyone eats differently so please bring food and 
beverage to add to the collection.
WHEN:  Tuesday July 29, 2003  -6:30pm (NOT Ultimate time)
WHERE:  Amy Greer's house (directions below)
WHY:    Why not!?!  who doesn't like a mass gathering of ultimate players 
and friends who throw swilly
              hammers in the air when drunk.  It's a good source of 
entertainment!

See y'all there!

DIRECTIONS:

1. Take 95 South
2. To exit 10 (a or b?-It's the second 10 exit though) which is also RTE 117
3. At the end of the exit,it spits you right onto Rte 117.  At the first 
light, turn RIGHT onto
    DIAMOND HILL ROAD.
4. Go all the way up the hill and you'll eventually come to a STOP SIGN.  
Take your SECOND RIGHT
    onto DARLING STREET.
5. Then take your FIRST LEFT onto OBERLIN STREET then your FIRST LEFT onto 
TOMAHAWK COURT.
    Go all the way around the corner to the end of the road and it's the 
last house on the left:
    9 TOMAHAWK CT.    If lost call 738-5121; any questions can be emailed 
direcly to Amy, Max, or Kali

MONDAY GAMES:

Craisin 15  Green 9

This game is better left undescribed, except to say the Green played hard and
did not give up even after being down 7-2.  Green only had 4 guys.  Green's
women played very well to make up for the guys having to play almost every
point.

WEDNESDAY GAMES

GOLD 17 Natural 6

Craisin 15 Sky 7

Kudos to the Craisin women, who had to play savage due to multiple
injuries to other Craisin women.  Captain Cara played with a broken index 
finger
on her throwing hand, but still mange to score 4 goals and have three D 
blocks.
Kerry Crawford was everywhere, playing mark on the zone, getting open a lot 
and
scoring at least 4 goals herself.