- Games start at 6:15pm
- Soft Cap at 8:05pm (8pm in August). Add two to highest score, play to that number or to 17, whichever is lower.
- Hard Cap at 8:20pm (8:15pm in August). Finish point in progress, then game over.
- Gender ratio is 4/3 (men/women).
- One timeout per half, one floater. If it's a particularly hot day with low subs, captains can agree to more timeouts.
- No timeouts in cap. Calling timeout when you don't have one is not an automatic turnover, but adds +3 to the stall count. If that brings the stall over 10, it is a turn.
- Games to 17, no win by two.
- Forfeit counts as a 5-0 victory.
- If a player makes a call or fails to make a call out of ignorance of the rules, captains should assist.
- Captains should make sure everyone is getting equal playing time.
- Captains are only allowed to pick up players should their team be in jeopardy of forfeiting due to lack of players. Both sets of captains must agree to the pick up.
- Keep our field locations beautiful; pick up trash!
- Tip the waitstaff at the Merrill.
If the forecast calls for extreme weather (thunderstorms or heavy downpour), the board will make a call by 4pm whether to cancel games. That notice will be posted on Facebook, by email announcement, and also via team captains to their teams.
Actions demonstrating reckless disregard for the safety of or posing a significant risk of injury to fellow players, or other dangerously aggressive behavior are considered “dangerous play” and are treated as a foul. The proper call in such circumstances is “dangerous play” and play stops.
When a dangerous play is called:
- Play stops.
- Attend to any injuries/contact, if necessary.
- The player that commits the dangerous play and a captain of each team (if both are on the field) will come off the field and let the point finish.
- While the point is finishing, captains and Offending Player will discuss the play on the sidelines.
- Captains reiterate the Dangerous play rule and clarify why the play was dangerous if necessary.
RIPUL's three strikes policy for dangerous plays
1st Incident: Captains discuss. Offending Player is allowed to continue to play after discussion. Captain of either team submits a Spirit Feedback Form. Equity/Board sends written warning re-iterating Dangerous Play Rule & 3 strike policy.
2nd Incident: Captains remove Offending Player from the duration of the game in-progress. Offending Player is not allowed to play in the NEXT game at all. They are still welcome to attend said game and cheer/coach from the sideline. Captain from either team submits a Spirit Feedback Form indicating 2nd violation. Equity/Board sends written warning re-iterating Dangerous Play Rule & 3 strike policy.
3rd Incident: Captains remove Offending Player from the duration of the game in-progress. Captain from either team submits a Spirit Feedback Form indicating 3rd violation. Board sends written notice of 3rd strike and disqualification. Player is removed from the league and not allowed to play for the rest of the season.
USA Ultimate Official Rules
See also: RIPUL COVID Rules